What is a 'Free Carer' card?
If you require assistance from another person or your dog while travelling, the 'Free Carer' card is available free of charge to your carer.
- When presenting this card, your carer travels for free
- Your travel ticket is valid for your carer
- Your carer travels free of charge in the same class and on the same route as you
The card has a validity period that corresponds to the period indicated on your submitted certificate, with a maximum of five years.
The 'Free Carer' card is issued by the NMBS. More information (conditions, how to apply, etc.) can be found on the NMBS website.
Passes for people with a disability
- What do I have to do if I move or my address is not right on the card?
- What are the conditions for granting a 'Free Carer' Card?