How can I respond to an official report?
If you do not agree with the report you can respond to our Administrative Fines department. This is only possible in writing to:
De Lijn – Administrative Fines Department
You must respond in writing within 30 days of the written assessment. Your response must mention why you disagree with the report. When evaluating the established facts we take account of your response.
Within 60 days after the report the Administrative Fines Department will inform you by (registered) letter whether or not you will be fined. If the fine is confirmed then you must pay within 30 days via the bank transfer form enclosed with the letter.
- For what offences will I be given a type 1 fine?
- For what offences could I be given a type 2 fine?
- What happens during an inspection?
- How can I submit an appeal against a fine?
- What is the inspection staff authorised to do?