Why isn’t using a MOBIB card considered a breach of my privacy?
Scanning your card whenever you get on or off gives us a better picture of which lines are busy and which are not. This enables us to respond as effectively as possible to the demands and needs of our passengers. In addition, our management agreement with the Flemish Government requires us to report to it. This data helps us to do this.
Privacy & GDPR
- Why do De Lijn inspectors ask for my identity card during an inspection?
- How can I get an overview of the data that De Lijn holds about me?
- How can I object to the use of my data for direct marketing?
- Can I have all my data deleted from the customer database?
- What information does De Lijn hold about me and what is it used for?