What is a 'Free Carer' card?
If you require assistance from another person or your dog while travelling, the 'Free Carer' card is available free of charge to your carer.
- When presenting this card, your carer travels for free
- Your travel ticket is valid for your carer
- Your carer travels free of charge in the same class and on the same route as you
The card has a validity period that corresponds to the period indicated on your submitted certificate, with a maximum of five years.
The 'Free Carer' card is issued by the NMBS. More information (conditions, how to apply, etc.) can be found on the NMBS website.
Passes for people with a disability
- What should I do if I still have a paid season ticket?
- What do I have to do if I didn't receive the free network pass for people with a disability?
- Where is the free season ticket for disabled people valid?
- What happens to a season ticket if the holder dies?
- Are other disabled people also entitled to benefits with De Lijn?
- What do I have to do if I move or my address is not right on the card?
- I have a visual impairment. What should I do to get a free travel pass?
- How can I request a pass to accompany people with a disability?
- Can the legal representative/guardian also use the free season ticket for disabled people?
- I have a disability. What should I do to get a free travel pass?
- What are the conditions for granting a 'Free Carer' Card?