<Voeg een paragraaftitel toe>
Carpooling is a service from Taxistop and De Lijn, with the support of the Flemish Region. People who carpool, shares the costs of driving to work. Carpooling is not only pleasant and sociable, you can also save a lot of money. In addition you will thereby be making your contribution to a healthier environment.
How does it work?
Through the carpool bank you can find a commuting buddy to drive to work together and thereby to share the costs. The carpool bank has a database with applicants and providers of carpool places throughout Belgium. As an individual you can input your application into the database. You will immediately receive a list of possible carpool partners that you can contact. For businesses and organisations there is a package to promote carpooling amongst employees.
Carpooling: flexibility asset
You can decide yourself, together with your carpool buddy or buddies for the formula that best suits you:
- You can switch drivers or have a constant driver.
- You make an agreement at home, at a central carpool car park or at a station on the route.
- You drive right up to the doors of your company or institution or to a Park and Ride car park at the edge of the city.
- You agree with colleagues or drive together with employees from the region who work at a company nearby.
- You can drive together every day or a few days per week.
Visit the Carpool website or call 070 222 292 for more information.