Stop - stop travel complementary door to door travel
<Voeg een paragraaftitel toe>
It is not possible to meet all the transport requests for adapted transport with the range of accessible stop-stop travel from De Lijn. De Lijn gave its cooperation in the follow-up of the research of the MOW that was carried out in 2013 by means of the ‘Business plan for a regional wide, complementary and integrated accessible transport system in Flanders' study researching an optimum structure for the transport organisation and dispatching of the adapted door to door transport from adapted transport from mobility centres (MAV).
The aim was to coordinate the existing range in relation to the accessible public stop-stop transport and the door-door transport for people with limited mobility in a better way and the develop these for the users. In the implementation of the 'Decree for the compensation of the public service obligation to the transportation of people with a disability or severely limited mobility' transporters have in the meantime been designated for the transport regions defined.
Because public transport does not offer a solution to all requirements, the door-to-door transport must continue to operate. Together with the next Flemish Government, De Lijn wants to make clear choices about the division of duties between the two complementary solutions.
More Mobile database/website
The MeerMobiel website gives more information about these recent developments. It also has a guiding database with an extensive inventory of the existing range in relation to accessible public stop-stop transport and the door-door transport for wheelchair users and other people with limited mobility. Here you can find e.g. contact details, areas of operation, reservation possibilities, conditions and information about the accessibility and availability of the following services:
- Adapted Transport Services and other transport services for wheelchair users
- Taxi and location companies that provide wheelchair transport
- Reduced Mobility Centres and other transport services by volunteers with their own vehicle
- NMBS-stations where support is possible for people with limited mobility
- Busphone areas of De Lijn and an information sheet per province with the information for the busphone station
- Information sheets from mutualities with data about the non-urgent medical transportation